My client is a well-known high end independent with a very good reputation for quality and service in a strong location. Their aim is to deliver an ophthalmic dispensing service to a consistently high clinical and customer-service standard, which drives sales, profit and customer satisfaction.
As a Qualified Dispensing Optician, working with my client you will be in a well-appointed practice giving you the chance to be a part of one of the most influential opticians in the area.
You will be a part of a small team covering all aspects of dispensing, contact lens teaches and pre-screening as well as working as a team to ensure your practice looks at it best all the time.
They have a reputation for delivering the highest standards of dispensing and now require a professionally driven Qualified Dispensing Optician to complement their teams.
Responsibilities of the Qualified Dispensing Optician
– Liaise with optometrists and all other optical staff
– Ensure customers have a clear understanding of dispensing options
– Contribute to achievement of individual and team sales targets
– Ensure customers are aware of their eye care options
– Ensure store profitability is maximized and monitor collections and issues.
– Ensure dispenses are carried out in line with British and European Standards, professional guidelines and best practice.
– Support dispensing assistants
– Assist the customer in selecting the most suitable lens type
– Carry out the collection procedure accurately and efficiently
– Carry out quality control checks and adjustments to spectacles
– Remakes due to inaccurate dispensing, and lack of dispensing knowledge/skills are minimal.
Requirements for the Qualified Dispensing Optician
– Able to work weekends.
– Good attention to detail.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Smart and approachable.
Compensation for the Qualified Dispensing Optician
On offer for the right person is a competitive salary of £18,000 – £25,000 with bonus on top as well as the opportunity to further your career for the right candidate. You will have 28 days holiday.
Look forward to hearing from you shortly